Last Friday, October 27 2023, the FEB UGM Master of Science and Doctoral Program held an MD Angkringan activity in the courtyard of the FEB UGM Master of Science and Doctoral Program Building. This activity was attended by MD FEB UGM students and included a presentation of material on Stress Management by Mr. David Sunar Handoko (Leader of Merpati Group Yogyakarta) while enjoying the dusk with angkringan and lesehan.
At the beginning of his presentation, Mr David explained that stress is a mental and emotional disorder or disorder as well as pressure. He said that there are several ways to overcome stress and become a person who does not get stressed easily, namely by doing the 5Ms:
- Have a solid foundation of faith both in theory and practice. When these two things are possessed, an individual will become a wise human being.
- Choose to live a balanced life by having good time management. It is best for an individual to use 24 hours a day with things that are useful for future progress. However, you also shouldn’t be too forced because it will cause stress.
- Likes process and change.
- Always give thanks and thank God in everything. By giving thanks, the door to blessings is being opened and giving thanks will make a person happier, full of joy, and less prone to stress.
- Easy to tolerate. This means not being angry even though someone’s emotional control limits have been violated
While paying attention to the material presented by Mr. David at dusk, students can enjoy food from the angkringan that has been provided. Next, the activity was filled with acoustics with songs sung by Mr. David and students. This activity, which was intended as a program to develop good personalities in students, was welcomed with high enthusiasm and ran well.